Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy birthday hubby!!

It was my husband's birthday last week & while he doesn't like much fuss around him, we still wanted to acknowledge the occasion, of course.

I struggle coming up with a new layout occasionally, so I chose to use one from a previous card I'd made. This card was cased from Brian King, if I remember correctly.

Before we found each other, Brett enjoyed scuba-diving, therefore lots of time was spent on boats to go to the various diving positions in the ocean.

This is why I chose to use the Sailing Home & I 'reckon' it works well!! I tipped the layout onto a landscape card instead & just quietly, I love it!!

 I made this card during a Live Video on my JoWeedonMelbourne facebook page, so if you would like to see that, it is here.

Ive used Night of Navy & Balmy Blue cardstock & dont you just love the effect of the crackle Paint stamp with the Balmy Blue ink on the same coloured cardstock?

And can you see a small area of the Waterfront stamp set being used behind the lighthouse, too?


Inside, I chose to keep it simple, with a small sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays & the crisp image o the anchor finished this card off perfectly!!

Im so glad I didnt spend hours trying to come up a new layout, colours & stamp sets, when I can simply change a couple of things from a previous card & have something completely different!!

Thanks for stopping by, leave a comment if you wish, I do love reading them!!

Jo.

Stamps: Waterfront, Sailing Home, Itty Bitty Birthdays.
Cardstock:  Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Whisper White.
Ink: Night of Navy & Balmy Blue.
Big Shot items: Smooth Sailing dies, Big Shot & plates.
Accessories:   Hessian (R), Stampin' Dimensionals, , Paper Snips, Tear n Tape adhesive, Stampin' blocks.

Socials:   https://linktr.ee/JoWeedonMelbourne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.