Thursday, September 12, 2019

Adult Learner's Week - Sep 2019

I was asked to run a card making class to the adult participants at the Neighbourhood Centre that I work at. I usually wear a Child Care Co-Ordinators hat, but it was a great change to work in a different role, during Adult Learner's Week.

I decided that the card I wanted to show was: 
(1) reasonably easy for all crafting levels of Learners,
(2) I needed the card to be easy to explain, for the various levels of English present,
(3) I knew I would have around 25 students, so it couldn't have too many steps involved.

So this is the card I chose! 
 There was such a mix of participants & just like at other classes, some worked out how to use the double sided tape quick, while others needed help.
 There was a real buzz as everyone decided which stamp to use & how the process of putting a card together worked.
 For quite a few people, they had either NEVER made a card like this or they haven't done this type of creation for so long...
 But the results were fantastic!!
 Some even made two!!
 This gentleman told me that he had made cards before & knew what to do. And he did!!
How big is her smile, it's so infectious!!

What a great class it was! 35 people of about 18 countries made their card & left with it to give to someone they care about!!

This is exactly what SU! is all about!!

Stamps:  Beautiful You
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Wisteria Wonder (R), Island Indigo (R), Pink Pirouette (R), Momento Black.
DSP: Patterns Pack In-Colour 2011-2013, (Retired)
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Wisteria Wonder (R), Island Indigo (R), Pink Pirouette (R).
Accessories:  Stampin' Dimensionals, , Paper Snips, Tear n Tape adhesive, Stampin' blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.