Sunday, June 2, 2019

Cooooeeee - Creativity Is Calling!!




Gosh, Im loving these Blog Hops!! I think I need to commit to more, 'cos it gets me thinking & creating, of course!!

And I get to share the items with you, how is that not a win-win!!

You've just come from Libby's blog & she will not have disappointed you with her work, I always love what she has created!!


So apart of this Blog Hop is to create items that use the new items from the 2019-2020 catalogue, going live in just 1 more sleep!! Wahoooo, hey!!


To show off some of the new products, I've used the Come Sailing Away DSP with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.

I've allowed the various designs of the paper to speak for themselves!! I don't usually use so many options of the DSP at once, often i simply use one side, maybe 2, so this is a big deal for me!! :)


 The compass image uses a 1.5" circle punch & the 1 3/4" circle punch for the Night of Navy cardstock behind it. The dies for the arrow simply adds dimension to such a image, right?


Yesterday, amongst trying to prepare for the Blog Hop and life, it was our youngest's 15th birthday. Darcy has always loved basketball & is now a B grade referee for various games throughout the week, so of course, the card HAD to be basketball related!

And while this Sea of Textures stamp set isn't new, I think I had discovered a new use for it, so I'm showcasing it... I've stamped the net image in Night of Navy, free-handed the edging of the net & attached the top of the ring with Night of Navy also.


To give the card a bit of dimension, I folded a short piece of acetate on itself, glue dotted it & stuck this to the basketball - I remember doing this in art in Primary School, haha!!

The third project I have to share with you, is a card that I sent out to a few fellow demonstrators and/or my support crew over the past 10 years as a Demo. I am so very blessed to have had many women who have supported me in so many ways.

This card uses the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, one that will be a popular item, I believe & I have cased it almost completely, from the catalogue itself!!

The annual catalogue is such a great resource for ideas and techniques!!


I made 20 of these & 20 of another design that I will share with you in my next post.

The inside needed something special also, so I added a simple image of the budding magnolia, here.


Thanks for stopping by to see my projects, I truly enjoyed making them for you!!

Be sure to leave a comment, so I know you have visited & enjoy the next trip along the blog hop!!

Click on the blue arrow, to move onto Peta's blog & enjoy the amazing work that she has created for you...
Peta's blog :)
Blog hop participant list:

30 comments:

  1. The magnolia is my favourite from the new catty. Thanks for sharing your tricks and tips on the basketball card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Carly. yes, considering Im not a flowery kind of girl, I really like the Magnolia stamp set and can see lots of cards being made with it!! And yes, I always like seeing new ways to use our products... Thanks x

      Delete
  2. All great cards, such cleverness! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments, Sandra. I appreciate you coming past AND for commenting. I do love a play with cardstock :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra, I do love a Blog Hop!! Thanks for your smile x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Jo. You're such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the variation that we see throughout a blog hop!! It all makes me smile like a Cheshire Cat!! Thanks for the virtual hug, Libby x

      Delete
  5. Three fabulous projects Jo! Love the basketball netting - so clever! I'm storing that away for future reference. Thanks for sharing your talents with us! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kelly. Extending the uses of our products makes them so much more appealing and worthwhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects Jo, all inspiring - and happy Birthday Darcy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deli, he had a great weekend of celebrations! Thanks for the smiles, also x

      Delete
  8. Fabulous projects Jo! Love the variation on all your creations! Thanks for sharing the basketball netting idea! Very clever! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Rochelle. I cant tell you how I came across the idea to use the netting for a basketball ring, but why question it, hey - just go with it, I say :)

      Delete
  9. Such gorgeous and creative projects Jo, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how clever with the basketball netting! I recently made a sports themed card and did not have anything to use but this would of been perfect! Thanks for sharing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, good ole hindsight, hey? It wouldnt be as fun if we all knew the same stuff, would it? Im happy to share ideas around, its exactly what I love to do!!

      Delete
  11. Lovely projects Jo. I love the first card with the rectangles of DSP. This is such a great way to showcase all the lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive never made one showing off as many faces of the DSP before AND I probably would have thought that it wouldnt work. But Im kinda glad it does!! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I appreciate your comment. Yes, 3 different sets because I get bored very easily!!

      Delete
  13. Love your basketball netting idea. Great showcase of the DSP for the Sail Away suite.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! Funny how you look at things differently when you are just sitting around ignoring the housework etc!!

      Delete
  14. All fab projects Jo. That basketball net is genius! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!! Winning!! I cant say that word gets thrown around about me much!! Thanks for organising a great Blog Hop, I always appreciate the time you put into them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great variety of projects, Jo. I really love the basketball card - very clever indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great "net" for Darcy's card! And love the extra bud inside the magnolia cards, you have been a super busy lady of late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoying the time Ive got, especially when I plan for it and I do actually get to create something!! Thanks for noticing my detail xxx

      Delete
  18. Hi Cathy, Im so glad you stopped by. Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.