Saturday, June 6, 2020

Let's Go Tropical!




Good arvo, (from chilly Melbourne, Australia), I hope you are well & ready to stamp!!

This weeks blog hop theme for Kelly's blog party is New (Normal), as in our world has a new normal now... I took this as being literal & have used a new stamp set! This stamp set isn't one that I would usually use, but seeing as we are at home lately & I won it, (while at a SU! event?), I thought I should have a play with it, of course!

I have this card to show you, using the Timeless Tropical stamp set. I also have a confession - Ive never used this stamp set, it just didnt do anything for me, but I am falling in love with it, now that I'm actually using it!! (Inspired by Susan Wong)

I find it incredible how when changing the sentiment, it can change the way the card looks!!

Ive used the Timeless Tropical stamp set, as mentioned earlier, gold embossing powder, Stitched Nested Labels dies & fussy cut the flower & leaf.

It's such a cheery card, don't you think? You can order these items and more here & have it sent directly to your home - how convenient, right? That way you can work on your own New (Normal) projects too! 

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all of your comments below.

Click on the image below to go to the next blog and their beautiful work!!





Card:
Stamps: Timeless Tropical
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Whisper White
DSP: Golden Honey (R)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Big Shot items: Stitched Nested Labels, Criss Cross Embossing Folder (R)
Accessories: Papersnips, Gold Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter, Watercolour Pencils, Peacful Poppies Sequins, Dimensionals, White string

Socials:   https://linktr.ee/JoWeedonMelbourne

12 comments:

  1. Great combination of elements. The sentiment does change the look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I love how you can change the sentient, move it around a little and it still works!! Thanks for dropping in :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards Jo - I really love the colours. New product is always fun, no matter when you receive or ink it up! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and Im sure there are other stamp sets that have been christened yet, oops!! Challenge accepted hey?

      Delete
  3. I know we all have sets we ordered and then haven't used as much as we imagined, isn't it a good feeling when you get re- inspired? Lovely colours and I like both sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes, absolutely!! Ill have to ensure that I ink this stamp set again again & find some other sets that need to see the right side of the an ink pad too!!

      Delete
  4. I completely agree Relle, the gold elements lifts it all so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going into winter here, so it makes me long for Summer again... This card helps me dream of warmer times!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hibiscus! It looks so friendly and like holidays! And yes, changing the sentiment really does change the whole look of the card - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite stamp set from the mini catty and I'm so glad it has carried over. Very pleased you are getting some use from it now. I love your gold embossing and that little pop of black and white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your combination of textures. The black and white contrasts well with the gold and your lovely hibiscus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.