Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Kylies demonstrator blog hop, Feb 2020

Image may contain: possible text that says 'KYLIE'S DEMONSTRATOR TRAINING PROGRAM MONTHLY BLOG HOP'



Oh my goodness, the birthday, Christmas & New Year celebrations have come, gone & become a memory already & now it's February!! Ekkk!!

And now I'm trying to play catch-up from the time that I have had away from my business...a bit of a mistake, I think??

That's why I'm here participating in Kylie's Blog Hop, giving my blog some desperately needed CPR!!

So with this in mind, here is one of the projects that I have made this week. I found out that the mother of a friend was recently married to her partner of 21 years, during January & I loved the idea of making a card to celebrate the occasion.

 After using the hearts dies, I then ran one through the Beads & Baubles embossing folder & the other through the Country Floral embossing folder.

And the third embossing folder I used, for the back of the card, was the Subtle one, just to give a softer look, rather than the stark white of our beautiful Whisper White cardstock.
I then painted each of them using Wink of Stella, to give the hearts a little bit of glimmer & added the beautiful pearls for a touch of class.

Teaming the Silver Embossing powder, I stamped a sentiment from the Sending You Thoughts set, (available FREE during Salebration, ask me how) & mounted this.

So, of course, I JUST HAD to complete the 'set' & went ahead & made a card for 2 grooms & then a bride & groom.
 For each of these cards, I simply embossed Congratulatios inside.
 Here they all are, together, gosh Im happy with the simplicity of them!
And of course, I always dress up the envelope, Going back to the original card), the new wife s must have a tease of what lays inside, right?


For those interested, here is my Live video from last week, where you can see how I put this card together...

Thanks for looking at my blog, Jo Weedon, I'd love to see you back here again, soon.

Now onto someone else who has been busy with their creations!!


Stamps
Cardstock: Whisper White & Very Vanilla
Big Shot & Accessories: Beads & Baubles, County Floral, Subtle embossing folders.
Ink: Versamark
Accessories:  Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Tear n Tape, Dimensionals








32 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my page, Jo - great name too!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, thanks for leaving a comment. Sorry for the slow reply, the juggle at home is crazy. Thanks again x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey Melinda, thanks for taking the time to comment and look over my page x

      Delete
  4. So lovely and delicate, Jo. I love the soft colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not my usual type of cards, so it was nice to create something different to my normal!!
      Thanks Libby x

      Delete
  5. Great set of wedding cards Jo! Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Support Program Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. And thank you for showing me a way to make a wedding card for a same sex couple; too many times the stamp sets say bride & groom & I'm not sure how to get around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words, Tania. I used the masking technique so that the extra words didnt end up on the card.. I am happy with how they turned out.

      Delete


  7. Great cards. And thank you for showing me a way to make a wedding card for a same sex couple; i like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Elly, I like how the three options are altogether and show off the products so well!!

      Delete
  8. Love these Jo. Such a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Shelly, it works both ways!! Thanks for coming by!!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Tricia, I think the Subtle Embossing Folder is my favourite!! It's worked hard lately!!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. Those colours arent usually my style so I enjoyed the challenge of making something beautiful but not bright!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne, I havent seen many vanilla and white cards together, but it works!! Thanks for leaving me a comment x

      Delete
  12. Love the cards Jo! I like the way you have used very vanilla and whisper white together, not something I had thought of doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me either, lol!! Im going to use them again, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for heart punch-love the card Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.