Sunday, September 13, 2015

Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop





How exciting is it, to be seeing all these creative peices of work!! This is my first blog hop & Im loving everyone's interpretation of the wonderful Stampin' Up! product!

And it doesn't matter where you started, you will eventually see everyone's work!! I do love what Emma made with her products, I haven't seen her work before, but I will certainly be stalking, I mean following her blog!!

Many of you may know that I am, proudly, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator & have been for 6 years now. Of course, because of that, we get to share ideas, sneak peaks & tutorials about the SU! products, but the added bonus is the friendships & support I have received from all over Australasia. This un-expected family of Stampin' Sisters & Brothers, (yes males can join also!!),  make this company a fantastic one to work for!!


So.....(drum roll, please...), with all the official 'paperwork' done, here are my items to share with you...

While the Holiday Catalogue has lots of lovely Christmas stamps & embellishments, I decided to use one of them for a couple of completely different projects.... 

We had Father's Day here last week & my dad loves all things fishing & camping. 

I always like to live life 'outside the box', so when I saw a different way to use the Bird Builder , I immediately had to use it, differently!!

While I wanted the sun to be a feature, I didn't want it to take over the whole card, so stamping it at the back worked for me. I then cut the rolling hills freehand, & used the Perfect Pines Framelits to make a forest & the Bird Builder & Word Window punch for the fire. I sponged the sunset, hills, trees & fire before sticking it all down with either Dimensionals or Tear & Tape. 

I am a bit happy that it seemed just perfect for the occasion & for my Dad!!



To continue to show you how the Stampin' Up! products are so versatile, I have used the beautiful bird from another Christmas Set, Joyful Season. I have a very close friend whose mum passed away 2 years ago & blue birds remind her of her gorgeous mum.

As soon as I saw this set, I began to work out how I would use this bird for her Mother's anniversary. Using the 2 step stamp set with Marina Mist ink, I placed the bird on our thick padded tape, Dimensionals to help her stand out...
I also used the Marina Mist marker to ink only the "Thinking of you", when the full sentiment actually says, "Thinking of you at Christmas". This is a great technique for isolating a certain part of a stamp. This stamp is from the Embellished Ornaments set :)
I believe this card would lend itself to being a great Male Birthday card or even a Sympathy card?



Ok, onto Christmas, hey? You know there is only 105 sleeps until Christmas, right - time to get moving on some ideas!!

Here I have wrapped a present using the brown packing paper that our orders come in. , I just love up-cycling & this is a very cheap but effective way to wrap the special gifts for loved ones. 

I stamped the tiny holly image with Old Olive onto Whisper White, matting it with Old Olive cardstock. 

One thing you can be sure of is that the ink, cardstock, ribbon & embellishment match so well through Stampin' Up! products, it makes colour matching so easy for brain dead people like me!!

    

In this close-up of the Embellished Ornament , you can see the Crystal Effects shining & the sparkliness of the Glimmer Paper, just gorgeous!! I've stamped the sentiment on Whisper White & stuck that on the back, so it is also now a tag for my present! 

Can you hear me smiling from my stamp room?
                                                   

One of many things that Stampin' Up! has taught me, is how glorious it is to have matching items - therefore I used the 'template' of my present to then make a matching card... I discovered along the way that the 1 3/4 circle punch is an exact fit for the smaller of the ornaments, so this helped my card to come together so quick!! Again, I used Crystal Effects to give the glass effect.

It may be hard to see, but I have cut each peice of cardstock so that the complete card is only 1 layer thick, rather than many layers. It gives a cleaner finish, dont you think?
 Here are both the present & card together, a match made in Christmas Heaven, lol...
All in all, Im very happy with how they compliment each other so well :))

Thanks for looking at my work, Id love you to leave a comment to tell me which ones you liked or to ask any questions about how I've made something you have seen...

I hope that Ive inspired you to get Stampin' too!!  Feel free to come back to see what else I've been working on at other times, also..

From my blog here, you can continue to drool at:

Rebecca

Andrea

Rochelle

Kathryn

Monique

Bernie

Liv

Sally

Ria

Delys

Jessica

Lou

Barbara

Kelly

Jenny

Libby

Paula

Keryn

Carly

Rachel

Narelle

Emily

Emma

Thanks again :))

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Jo. I love everything you did. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narelle, thankyou for making me smile :) I do love sharing my projects, although with all the talent out there, I tend not to very much. Thanks again x

      Delete
  2. I love the versatility of Stampin' Up! products. Thanks for sharing all of these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lou, I get so excited when I see a product that I can use didferently, somehow! It makes the cost justifiable, when another use can be shared with others, right?
      Thanks for atopping by :))

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, I appreciate everyone coming past to view an insight into my world :))

      Delete
  4. Great projects Jo! I especially love the first 'campfire' card as I'm not a punch art person. Amazing how you can see different uses for the punches and dies etc. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normal, hey? I never do use a product in only one way!! I love the challenge and the satisfaction of making something, especially for someone I care about.

      Delete
  5. Love all your projects Jo. You have done an amazing job. I love the clever punch card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, I enjoyed my first blog-hop, it could get a bit addictive!! Everyone's work is all so different and stunning!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for showing me that the products in the Holiday Catalogue don't have to be for Christmas even though I love everything I see using the Embellished Ornaments Bundle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad you 'got' what I wanted you to 'get'... Nothing has to be used in only one way!!
      Push those boundaries and break out of the box....are we still just talking about Stampin' Up! products, lol!!

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Jo! I love how you used Crystal Effects on your ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal Effects on those ornaments had me questioning my place on this earth a couple of nights ago!! Each ornament took at least 20 minutes or so to make sure it stayed on the cardstock & not the table or my fingers!!!
      Im so glad I persevered, Im happy with the shiny effect too!!

      Delete
  8. Great projects Jo, love them all especially the embellished Ornament as a tag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was moving the box over to the side of the table, to start on the card & the tag flipped over. The boring side of the Glimmer Paper was up-right & that's when I decided to use the WW and put a stamp on it.... Funny how things happen, isnt it?

      Delete
  9. So proud of you Jo for participating in your first Blog Hop! Well done! Your imagination to use the bird builder punch as a fire is genius! I'll definitely be borrowing that idea. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all warm and fuzzy, Liv!! I loved preparing for it, setting it up, waiting for the clock to tick past 630 and then checking out what everyone didnwith their projects!!
      I hope to do more in the future, thanks for your smile :))

      Delete
  10. Great projects Jo, thanks for sharing. I especially love the gift wrapping - matching wrap & cards are always so special. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects Jo. You're always so versatile with products. Love your work. Thanks so much for being part of the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved it all Libby! We are a clever bunch, arent we?
      What a wonderful way to show case the wonderful products!!

      Delete
  12. Wow your campfire card is sooo cool Jo! Love how you did the sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great projects Jo. I especially love the punch art card with the campfire. It shows just how versatile our amazing Stampin' Up! products are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects Jo - very creative. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic projects Jo! Love the rolling hills card! Fantastic use of the trees for a non-christmas card! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.