Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Production of Pigs!!

With only a week to go for the Fiesta at my children's school, I am trying to make items that will appeal to many of the 1300 children that attend there...so I discovered punch art for a fun looking Pig and have adapted her to the tools that I have. I am quite happy with the results, just quietly!

While there was a bit of preparation involved, there were things I could do while watching TV with my family. I could sponge around the pig's face or punch out the various shapes to help bring her together.

Here is the recipe I put together to show you how to make my pig.


I also love that most of these shapes, apart from her face & body, were made from the scraps of the larger shapes and/or from other scraps. That's gotta be a great use of resources!!

This is a stage by stage photo  :)


In hindsight, I changed the way her legs & shoes were organised.

Oh and I am very aware that we cannot copy licensed charactors, but  I just love the way that the punches we have in the Stampin' Up! catalogue, have such versatility!!

I think she fills the card well, without much more needing to be added.

Now Im off to make another 15 pigs...then it's time for some Mother's Day cards, stay tuned :)

Happy Stampin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on my creations. I appreciate the time you've taken to write them.